After pulling the plug on our trip we needed to decide what to do next. Should we head back to Buffalo or postpone our return till the worst of the virus outbreak has moved on. the Tincan is a self contained living space which allows for easy self isolation. We decided to stay on the road for a bit longer and asses our options.
We moved up the Mississippi River to Lake Chicot State Park in Arkansas.
We booked two nights at this popular fishing lake. The Tincan sat up on a bluff overlooking the largest oxbow lake in America and the largest natural lake in Arkansas.
Other than fishing and boating there wasn’t a lot to do. The hiking and biking trails were muddy from recent flooding.
After two days we decided to move north and west to Tupelo, Mississippi. We were able secure 18 days of camping with a full hookup at Tombigbee State Park.
Just sitting around camp is getting old. We shouldn’t complain with beautiful weather and the ability to stretch our legs hiking or biking in a beautiful woods in spring.
Did we mention that it’s springtime in Mississippi.
As beautiful as the woods in the area are will still wanted to venture into town to see if this one attraction could be safely visited.
While Tombigbee State Park has been a safe (full hookup) place to land, it has limited cell service and as of today is technically closing down. With conditions on the ground changing so quickly we have decided to pull up stakes and head back home. Since the blog documents our travels which have stopped, this will be the last post for this trip. Rest assured that once we hit the road again the blog will reappear. Thanks for following along and we’ll see you on the other side.